blog #4 

oct. 17. 2021

Shishawna Begay

Onions 

     In communication 101 I was told that we all have a way of connecting with someone and it is all different. My instructor started talking about how we all have layers and as we get to know other people we slowly start to peel layers off. she gave us this image of an onion and she told us that the first layer was about what we liked, name, and hobbies. Then she said once you hit the core of the onion you that is when you and your new friend should be comfortable enough to talk to each other about anything. she then played the video from the movie Shrek where he is telling donkey that ogres are like onions they have layers. 

shrek link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FtCTW2rVFM

    Once I heard that I started to think about how many people actually know what I've been through and who I can talk to about any of my problems. As I was naming these people I noticed that no one really knows me. no really understands what I had gone through when I was younger. Only family and two other people truly know why I push people away. I even though about when I tried to push them away as well but they stuck around. Who would have thought that one lecture in communication would have unlocked this very deep thought. I felt so alone for the 2 minutes that we talking about layers I felt like I was never going to be understood. after that feeling of loneliness passed I realize that I should be more open in relationships and close friendships so that they understand how to communicate with me and how to help me feel better.  

 


 

Comments

  1. Love the Shrek reference 10\10 for me great blog. There really is a wide arrange of ways you can communicate, and I thinks its pretty cool once you think about it, especially for this day and age. I hope everything works out for u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this blog entry and felt connected. I too push people away and have always had a difficult time learning how to better my communication with others. Mainly because anytime I opened up, I was given a reason for why I should have stayed closed off. It is hard not connecting your past to everything in your future when the past has had a negative impact on you. So it was nice reading this, because I gave me someone to be able to relate to and understand. WE are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Shishawna. Your two new entries here look pretty good and bring up interesting topics and ideas. Your writing flows pretty well, and you are beginning to dig into your analysis and content. Don't stop yourself short. Also, don't forget about visual appeal and engagement. One block of text is not visually engaging. Keep it up.

    Unfortunately, you are missing entries 5 and 6.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts